Game day parking and transportation plan
On Saturday, Nov. 18, 2023, at 2 p.m. the Charlotte 49ers will face off against the Rice Owls.
Here is what you need to know to navigate campus:
Campus Parking and Traffic
The campus will experience high traffic, restricted parking and restrained movement from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Allow extra time to exit or enter campus during these hours.
There will be parking and traffic changes in place during the game, including the following:
- Phillips Road will be closed to all but emergency and service vehicles beginning at 9 a.m. Campus entrances/exits open for general use on game day will be the main entrance off University City Boulevard and the entrance at John Kirk Drive and Van Landingham Road.
- All vehicles parked in Resident Lot 25 must be moved by 5 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18, 2023. Vehicles not moved to North Deck will be towed to Lot 6 at the owner’s expense; the tow fee is $85. No other resident (blue) lots are impacted.
- At 10 a.m., event lots are restricted to gameday parking permits only.
- Students, faculty and staff who usually park in CRI 2, CRI 3, or Lot 23 must park in CRI Deck for the day. ADA lots at the CRI campus will close at midnight. Vehicles without football permits may be towed from Union Deck rooftop, West Deck rooftop, and CRI Deck rooftop.
- At 11:30 a.m., regular Niner Transit ends and Football Shuttle service begins at noon until one hour post-game. You may use the Football Shuttle to get around campus even if you are not attending football events. Use PassioGO! to for real-time transit tracking.
Niner Paratransit will support ADA transportation needs for game attendees from CRI Deck to stadium Gate 1 loop.
Visitors must park in East Deck 1 and pay the visitor fee of $5 for the first hour and $2 for each additional hour; $15 maximum, unless they have a game day prepaid permit or use credit or debit to park at Cone Center. Football permits may be purchased through Charlotte 49ers Athletics.
Getting to the Game
Don’t want to pay for parking? Consider taking the LYNX light rail to the game. Bus service to the Football Stadium is available from the UNC Charlotte Main Station. Students who have paid the Miscellaneous Transportation Service Charge may ride light rail and CATS buses fare-free with their 49er ID. Faculty and staff may purchase a CATS All-Access Transit Pass at a reduced rate.
More Information and Questions
Learn more about game day parking and transportation changes. Questions? Contact the Parking and Transportation Communication Center at 704-687-0161.