- Parking is at a premium for all football home games.
- Campus entrances close four hours prior to kickoff, except for the main entrance off University City Boulevard and the east entrance off John Kirk Road. Phillips Road will be closed to all but emergency and service vehicles.
- Game day entrances open to game day permit holders three (3) hours prior to kick-off for weekday games and four (4) hours prior to kick-off for weekend games.
- Vehicles parked in football parking after 5 a.m. on game day will be towed at the owner’s expense. The tow fee is $85.
Fall 2022 home games
The following games are scheduled at Jerry Richardson Stadium:
- Charlotte 49ers vs. William & Mary Tribe: Friday, Sept. 2, 2022, at 7 p.m.*
- Charlotte 49ers vs. Maryland Terrapins: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022, at 3:30 p.m.
- Charlotte 49ers vs. UTEP Miners: Saturday, Oct. 1, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Charlotte 49ers vs. FIU Panthers: Saturday, Oct. 22, 2022, at 3:30 p.m.
- Charlotte 49ers vs. WKU Hilltoppers: Saturday, Nov. 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m.
- Charlotte 49ers vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs: Saturday, Nov. 19, 2022, at 3:30 p.m.
*Weekday game: Entrances open three (3) hours prior to kick-off.
- Single game day permits are available online for CRI 3, Lot 25, Lot 7/7A, Union Deck, West Deck, North Deck and CRI Deck (ADA).
- Parking in Cone Deck (Pink) is $20 per vehicle. Payment with credit or debit only.
- Parking permits will be scanned or collected upon entry to the parking area; re-entry is not permitted.
All Niner Transit routes suspend regular service and change to football shuttle two hours prior to kick-off and operate up to an hour after the game ends.
- Football shuttles appear as brown icons on the PassioGO! app.
- Shuttles are also available for use by those not attending game activities.
- The Shopping Shuttle does not run on game days.
- JW Clay station is closest to the stadium. CATS provides other Park and Ride locations where you can catch the light rail to campus.
Niner Transit football shuttle picks up at UNC Charlotte Main Station and drops off at the stadium gate. The football shuttle begins two hours before kick-off and ends one hour after the game ends.
- Students who plan to tailgate with a vehicle must obtain a student tailgating parking permit for Lot 26.
- Reserve a permit online prior to game day (available the Monday of each game week). Note: initial access to the site will require account registration. There is no charge for a student tailgating permit; however, quantities are limited and based on availability.
- Use the entrance at John Kirk and Cameron.
- The tailgating lot will open three (3) hours prior to kick-off for weekday games and four (4) hours prior to kick-off for weekend games.
- There are a limited number of permits available to park in North Deck for access to student tailgates taking place in Lot 26.
- When student tailgating permits sell out, students must use their UNC Charlotte virtual parking permit to access East Deck 2, East Deck 3, North Deck or South Village Deck.
- Picnic tailgating is permitted in West Quad (between Cone Center and SAC) and Star Quad (between Atkins Library and CHHS).
- Charcoal grilling is permitted.
- A limited number of student parking permits are available for parking in Cone Deck, West Deck and Union Deck to accommodate picnic tailgaters. Reserve a permit online prior to game day (available the Monday of each game week). Note: initial access to the site will require account registration.
Students who need an ADA parking permit may obtain an Orange ADA permit for CRI Deck. Only one permit will be issued per game. Both an Orange CRI Deck ADA permit and a state-issued disability placard must be presented for admittance.
- Non-tailgating students may purchase a single-game permit. These permits are limited in quantity and available through Charlotte 49ers Athletics or you may park in Cone Deck for $20 (credit/debit only).
- Those with Commuter permits may park in South Village Deck, North Deck and East Decks 2 and 3. (Commuter permits are not valid in other areas on game days)
- Resident permits are valid only in blue R Lots 13, 16, 20, 21, 8, 8A and South Village Deck.
- Students who do not have a UNC Charlotte parking permit are required to park in East 1 Visitor Deck or South Village Deck and pay the associated visitor fee.
- Lot 25 (on Cameron Boulevard, across from Wallis Hall) is designated for football parking. Therefore, campus residents parked in Lot 25 must move their vehicles by 5 a.m. on a home game or risk being towed to Lot 6; tow fee is $85. Please park your vehicle in North Deck or another R (blue) lot.
- No other R lots/decks are affected by football parking.
- Saturday visitors are required to park in East Deck 1 or South Village Deck visitor parking and pay the normal visitor fee ($5 first hour, $2 each additional hour, $15 maximum per visit) unless they have a prepaid game day permit or use credit or debit to pay to park at Cone Deck. Please inform visitors of where to park.
- East Deck 2, East Deck 3, and South Village Deck will be open to those with a valid UNC Charlotte parking permit but are not attending the football game.
- Faculty/Staff, Commuter or Resident permits will not be valid in any parking decks or lots designated for football parking.
- Faculty/Staff reserved spaces in game day lots will be used for football parking for home games. Reserved spaces are not valid in football-designated lots on home game days.
- For those with UNC Charlotte Parking Permits:
- Commuter Permits will be valid only in South Village Deck, North Deck and East Decks 2 and 3.
- Resident Permits will be valid only in blue R Lots 13, 16, 20, 8, 8A and South Village Deck.
- East Deck 1 and South Village Deck will be the non-game Visitor parking area. Gates will be down and established visitor rates will apply.
- Non-event parking for visitors is limited to East Deck 1 and South Village Deck. Gates will be down and visitors must pay the fee of $5 first hour, $2 each additional hour, $15 maximum per visit.
ADA parking and disability shuttle information
- ADA parking permits are available for CRI Deck. Both an Orange CRI ADA game day permit and a state-issued disability placard must be presented for admittance.
- ADA shuttle service will operate between Orange CRI Deck and the stadium.
- Shuttle stops at the Orange CRI Deck bus lane, accessible from Level 4 of Orange CRI Deck, and Gate 1 of the stadium.
- Shuttle runs from two hours before game time through one hour after game end.
- If you have a tailgating permit for a location other than Orange CRI Deck and need access to the ADA Shuttle, please let the attendant at your tailgating area know.