Paying for your permit
Permit purchases may be made online through My Park. Students, faculty and staff have several payment options for purchasing permits.
One-time credit card charge
All permits may be purchased with a one-time credit card purchase. Select Credit Card - Online Payment.
Faculty and staff may choose to pay for their permit through payroll deduction. Payroll deduction will occur every month until the permit is paid in full. Select Payroll Deduction.
Credit Card on File (CCoF) allows a permit purchase to be paid in three equal monthly payments.
Permits purchased through the CCoF program will be active once the first payment has been completed. All CCoF purchases must be made through MyPark.
How to purchase a permit with CCoF
Log in to MyPark to buy your permit. Select your permit term (full year, fall or spring; CCoF will not be an option for summer-only permits). Then select the 3-Month Payment Plan (CCoF) as your payment method. The credit card you use will be saved and used for the two additional payments.
Your first payment will include ⅓ of the total permit price and a non-refundable $20 processing fee. Your credit card will be charged on the same day for the following two months. Example: a permit is purchased on Aug. 15, the card used to make that purchase will be charged for the second payment on Sept. 15 and for the final payment on Oct. 15. You will receive an email five days prior to your scheduled payment to remind you of the upcoming charge.
Updating your credit card
Saved credit cards may be updated in MyPark, but must be changed prior to a scheduled payment.
You can change the card on file using the following steps:
- Log in to mypark.charlotte.edu with your NinerNet credentials.
- Go to Summary > Account balance.
- Note under payment methods where it says "Credit - ending in ... " Note these are not actually the ending digits of your card number, but an assigned code to differentiate cards.
- Click Remove Credit Card.
- Click Add Credit Card.
- Enter your new card information in the gateway that appears
- You will receive an error that says "Transaction not approved." This is okay - do not click back or try again. Close the window.
- Log back in to mypark.charlotte.edu.
- Go back to Summary > Account Balance.
- You should see that the ending digits of the card of file have changed. Again, note that these are not actually the ending digits of your card number, but an assigned code to differentiate cards.
It is important to note that all credit card information must be entered accurately. The most common reasons for failure are:
- Entering the account number instead of the card number. Use the number exactly as it is printed on the physical card.
- Entering the incorrect billing address. Take particular care that the billing address matches exactly what your card holder has on file for you, including whether they use a five or a nine digital zip code.
- Entering the incorrect CVV. Ensure that the security code matches what is on the card.
Permit holders will be notified via email five days prior to any upcoming payments. If the automated transaction fails, MyPark will attempt to charge your card once a day for the next four days. Your permit will be canceled after the fifth failed attempt.
To reactivate your permit, you must come to the Parking and Transportation building and pay off the remaining balance in full.
Canceling your plan
You can log in to MyPark or call the PaTS Communication Center (704-687-0161) to cancel your payment plan. Your permit will be deactivated as soon as you cancel your plan. To receive a refund, you must call the PaTS Communication Center and request a refund. Refunds are subject to the 2020-2021 Refund Schedule and will not include the $20 processing fee.
Cash or check
You may visit the Parking and Transportation Office to pay with a check or cash.
You may also pay in the office with funds deposited to your 49er Account.